|IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES|
|January 1||Abstract Submission Open|
|March 2||Submission Deadline for Contests and Abstracts|
|April 2||Author Notification of Acceptance|
|May 28||2021 Virtual Academic Day|
Submission Guidelines: Only original submissions will be accepted for review. Abstracts previously presented at another meeting or published in a journal will not be considered. Authors will be asked to categorize their abstract submissions to facilitate peer review and enable award consideration. Authors will be asked to identify which category best fits their submission:
- Case reports
- Reviews (reviews, systematic reviews and meta- analyses)
- Original research
- Education (patient/resident/Medical Student)
- Quality Improvement
Title: Please provide a succinct title. Ideally, the title should contain a reference to the study design. (Whole body vibration and osteoarthritis: a retrospective cohort study or Use of restraints during geriatric rehab: a systematic review).
Authors: Author names in this order and separated by comma, First name Middle name/initial Last name,
Indicate affiliation(s) with superscript numeral(s) following last name.
Institution Affiliation: Corresponding numeral precedes author affiliation. Affiliation consists of Institution, Location (city, state/province abbreviation, country)
Body: 2600 characters, content is structured by subheads (each section is treated as a paragraph with no indents), abstract subheadings are followed by a colon.
- Subheads include but are not limited to:
Structured abstracts should be submitted under the following headings:
- Original Research: Context/Objective; Design; Setting; Participants; Interventions; Outcome Measures; Results; Conclusion, and for registered trials, Trial Registration.
- Reviews (reviews, systematic reviews and meta- analyses): Context; Objective; Methods (data sources, data extraction); Results; Conclusion.
- Education (Patient or Resident): Context; Methods (evidence acquisition); Results (evidence synthesis); Conclusion.
- Case Reports: Context; Findings; Conclusion/Clinical Relevance.
- Quality Improvement
Funding Acknowledgement: Granting Agency and Number (ie Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation 2012-017)
Keywords: Authors are asked to supply up to five keywords (in alphabetical order) to be used as an aid to coding and indexing. They must be selected from the NLM Permuted Medical Subject headings (MeSH) at www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh .
PLEASE NOTE: All first place recipients will be invited to do short live presentations, with Q&A, during the 2021 Virtual Academic Day. All honourable mentions and abstract submissions will be pre-recorded and accessible on our website. .
Abstract Submission Fee
- Abstract and Contest submissions must be received by March 2, 2021.
- Abstracts will be accepted within 2 weeks of submission to minimize delay.
- Once you have submitted your abstract, you will be assigned an abstract number and you will receive a confirmation email with a link to go back and edit or review your abstract.
- Detailed guidelines for abstract submission can be viewed at the following link: http://capmr.ca/capmr-awards/abstract-guidelines
- Prepare a virtual poster and upload URL here: https://survey.alchemer-ca.com/s3/50095399/CAPM-R-Virtual-Academic-Day-2021-Poster-Recording
- A flat fee of $100.00 (CAD) will be charged only to non-contest abstract submissions. The only method of payment accepted for abstract fees is via Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account, you can select pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) once directed to the Paypal screen. The abstract submission fee is a refundable bond. If withdraw your submission, your forfeit the abstract bond fee of $100.00.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the official CAPM&R Journal; American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (AJPM&R).
Click here for a helpful paper which offers tips and guidelines on how to write a successful abstract: http://rc.rcjournal.com/content/respcare/49/10/1206.full.pdf
Click here to submit abstracts.
Prepare a Virtual Poster Presentation
This is your opportunity to participate in a live Zoom meeting and learn how to prepare and record your abstract presentation for virtual presentation. Click here to see examples of recordings from 2020.
Contest presentations will be live on Friday, May 28 and all other presentations will be recorded and shared to the membership.
Authors for abstract and contest submissions are encouraged to participate in our Virtual Academic Day on Friday, May 28. Below is an instructional video on how to make and present your own abstract online.
Feel free to upload to Twitter, or your favourite platform and use #CAPMRVAC2021 so we can all find each other. New to Twitter? Check out our Twitter 101 page. Enjoy the video whether or not you have a CAPM&R abstract this year, as you can use this for any meeting, or upload and share your work. It is applicable to all members as virtual learning is here to stay.
This video teaches you how to prepare a pre-recorded online talk of any length. (Here we learn to make a video of an abstract that lasts 2.5 minutes.)
Upload your recording here: https://survey.alchemer-ca.com/s3/50095399/CAPM-R-Virtual-Academic-Day-2021-Poster-Recording