Saskatchewan Health Authority
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is seeking a full-time locum General Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Specialist in Regina, Saskatchewan on a contractual basis for a 1 year term from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022. The successful candidate will provide service to patients in a number of rehabilitation programs.
A strong working relationship between physiatrists, nursing, social work and therapy staff is essential to the PM&R program. Services are provided in both inpatient and outpatient settings at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre as well as an acute care consultation service at Regina General and Pasqua Hospitals. Mutual feedback and problem-solving is required and is a standard of quality that is important to the area.
Prosthetic and orthotic services are available on-site as well as a full spectrum of other rehabilitation professionals including occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy and psychology.
The Wascana Rehabilitation Center (WRC) in Regina is home to the following programs:
- The Adult Rehabilitation Program provides services to adults with diagnoses of stroke, spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular and other long-term neurological illnesses, as well as musculoskeletal disorders including trauma, amputations, arthritis and post-surgical orthopedic cases.
- The Children’s Program also provides rehabilitation services to children in Regina and the surrounding area.
Physiatry Services include the following:
- Providing acute care consultations, including arranging for the admission and/or disposition of patients who may require physiatry services and/or admission to WRC.
- Providing a full spectrum of outpatient physiatry clinics, including but not limited to: amputee, stroke, spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury, MS, neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disorders, and electrodiagnostic (EMG) services.
- Leading multi-disciplinary inpatient rounds for rehabilitation inpatients. This includes providing physiatry-related care needs in coordination with Family Practice Most Responsible Providers (MRPs).
- Providing medical direction as required to nurses, therapists, residents and other members of the healthcare team as required in the management of patients.
The University of Saskatchewan is a research-intensive institution with 22,000 students and 7,000 faculty and staff and a strong reputation for innovation and excellence. The College of Medicine has an intake of 100 students per year with a commensurate number of positions for residency training. The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation has distributed training sites in Saskatoon and Regina (https://medicine.usask.ca/department/clinical/physical-medicine.php). The Regina Campus of the College of Medicine is actively involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. It is the expectation that the successful applicant will facilitate the learning of undergraduate and postgraduate medical trainees.
Regina is a friendly and welcoming prairie city with an abundance of parks, sports and recreational facilities, bicycle pathways, family attractions and an exceptional quality of life. There are many attractions and events that take place all year in Regina for residents and tourists alike (www.regina.ca).
The Saskatchewan Health Authority:
The SHA is the largest organization in Saskatchewan, employing over 44,000 employees and physicians responsible for the delivery of high-quality and timely healthcare for the entire province. We are driven by the commitment to improve frontline patient care for Saskatchewan people, and we are working together to better coordinate health services across the province to ensure that patients receive high quality, timely healthcare, wherever they live in Saskatchewan.
The SHA supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and inclusive of all staff and clients. We welcome applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community.
- The Candidate will hold certification from the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Successful applicants will be eligible for regular licensure from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS).
- This individual should be a team player, be able to interact effectively with patients, colleagues, staff and management, and function well in a high-volume environment with a commitment to provision of high quality patient and family centered care.
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required to become a member of Practitioner Staff and provide care in Saskatchewan Health Authority facilities.
- The start date for this position is January 1, 2022. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For information or to submit curriculum vitae, please contact:
Naomi Teuch Oladipupo, Recruitment Specialist
Practitioner Staff Affairs – Regina
Saskatchewan Health Authority
Phone: 306-766-0742 Fax: 306-766-3459
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.