Welcome to CAPM&R
The national leader in setting the standard of care in physiatry to improve the lives of Canadians.
Founded in 1952, with over 400 members, the Canadian Association of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (CAPM&R) is the National Specialty Society for physiatrists in Canada; dedicated to improving patient care by advancing the specialty through research and education. The CAPM&R is an accredited provider for the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
In 2020, CAPM&R teamed up with The Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP), the leading academic physiatry society in the world, to make The American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (AJPM&R) the official journal of CAPM&R. This new partnership will connect CAPM&R’s membership to the AAP community and member benefits, expand the reach of AJPM&R, and provide a catalyst for PM&R innovation within the United States and Canada. Learn more about our new partnership.
Abstracts presented at the CAPM&R Annual Scientific Meeting are published in the AJPMR.
Access the 2022
Review Course Here
Promotion of our Profession
Advancement of Professional Education
Advocation on Rehabilitation Issues and Standards
To Provide Opportunities for Scientific Advancement and Practice Development
Critical Success Factors
Physiatry is known and valued by other health care professionals and the general public
Physiatry is resourced as a position along with the attendant infrastructure supports required to treat patients
Physiatry has professional experts that are sought after for their opinions on rehabilitation
CAPM&R has a sustainable business model with increasing membership, funding and governance structure
- Promoting the highest standards for undergraduate and postgraduate education
- Our commitment to lifelong learning and the CanMEDS framework
- Representing clinical practitioners, educators, researchers, trainees and certified specialists
- Providing valued services to members
- Forming strategic alliances
- Supporting other organizations by creating a forum for exchange of information
- CAPM&R has a voice with governments and peer bodies
We demonstrate LEADERSHIP by:
- Providing opportunities for professional development
- Raising awareness of the roles and contributions of the profession
- Informing public policy by determining the rehabilitation agenda
- Influencing policy on the rights of persons with disabilities
We encourage INNOVATION by:
- Promoting research
- Being a driver for change
- Celebrating academic achievements