This is the time of year when most programs are organizing their academic schedule and planning for speakers.
We would like to inform you of a change in the application process for the Visiting Professorship Program.
Until now the applications for this annual award have been reviewed in May which is typically late in the academic year. To address this the CAPM&R Education Committee, have instituted a new deadline for submission as October 15 of each year.
All submissions will be reviewed and an award announced within two weeks of this deadline. In the event that there are no successful submissions we reserve the right to hold a spring competition.
The purpose of the Visiting Professorship Program is to provide funds to a Canadian Centre to help finance the visit of an out-of-town physician.
Objectives of the Visiting Professorship Program
- Promote knowledge of the specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation;
- Encourage research and education in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation;
- Enable centres that might otherwise not be able to afford it, the opportunity to bring in a guest speaker.
- Every member in good standing may apply to the Education Committee for an award from the Association.
- The funding year is September 1 to August 31. The application deadline is October 15 of each year. In the event that there are no successful submissions we reserve the right to hold a spring competition.
- All submissions will be reviewed and an award announced within two weeks of this deadline. Applicants will be notified in writing of their status. The decision of the committee is final.
- The Visiting Professorship Program will not make an award to the same applicant or locale in two consecutive years unless other suitable applicants have not applied.
- The applicant forfeits the professorship award if not used before October 15 of the year following the awarding of the professorship.
- One award of $2000 will be awarded for the period September 1 to August 31.
- A completed evaluation form summarizing the visiting professor’s program must be submitted with receipts for reimbursement to the Education Committee within 30 days of the visit.