Updated February 23, 2021
Rationale and Purpose
The purpose of the Traumatic Brain Injury SIG is to promote the most effective and evidence-based treatment for persons with traumatic brain injury. The goal of the SIG is to disseminate updates and new information and treatment, to promote improved practices, to disseminate research by members, and to promote a quality improvement approach to care which will ultimately improve patient outcomes.
- Increase awareness of the role of rehabilitation and the management of short-term and long-term consequences after traumatic brain injury.
- Increase awareness in the needs to improve patient outcomes and outcome measures in patients with traumatic brain injury.
- Promote quality improvement approaches in the care of individuals with traumatic brain injury.
- Spread awareness of relevant research updates in traumatic brain injury.
- Promote education of trainees and practitioners in traumatic brain injury.
- Promote research and educational activities on prevention of traumatic brain injury.
Structure and Working Plan
- There will be a SIG Chair chosen by its members.
- The SIG will develop one educational offering per year which may be accompanied by a business meeting.
- Each SIG will provide a brief report of its work over the year to be included with the annual meeting information.