Date: April 20, 2021
Rationale and Purpose
The purpose of the Neuromuscular SIG is to promote the most effective and evidence-based approach to diagnosis and treatment for persons with neuromuscular disorders. This includes, but is not limited to: compression neuropathies, radiculopathies, plexopathies, polyneuropathies, and myopathies. The goal of the SIG is to disseminate updates and new information and treatment, to promote improved
practices, to disseminate research by members, and to promote a quality improvement approach to care which will ultimately improve patient outcomes. This includes:
- Increase awareness of the role of rehabilitation and the management of neuromuscular disorders.
- Increase awareness in the needs to improve patient outcomes and outcome measures in patients with neuromuscular disorders.
- Promote quality improvement approaches in neuromuscular care
- Spread awareness of relevant research updates in electrodiagnostic medicine and care of those with neuromuscular disorders.
- Promote education of trainees and practitioners in neuromuscular medicine.
Structure and Working Plan
- There will be a SIG Chair chosen by its members.
- The SIG will develop one educational offering per year which may be accompanied by a business meeting.
- Each SIG will provide a brief report of its work over the year to be included with the annual meeting information.