At the end of this session, all participants should be able to:
- Outline an approach to conducting the virtual visit, including how to prepare the patient to engage in a virtual physical examination.
- Perform a screening virtual neurologic examination.
- Perform a screening virtual musculoskeletal examination.
- Apply skills learned to common PM&R patient populations and/or referrals.
Target audience: Physiatrists, Residents also Family Physicians, Physiatrist, Neurologist, Nurse Practitioners, Physio and Occupational Therapists, Physicians in Sports Medicine.
- McKyla McIntyre, Resident Physician, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at University of Toronto
- Paul Winston, MD, FRCPC, Medical Director of Rehabilitation and Transitions Island Health, President CAPM&R
Larry Robinson, MD, FABPMR, Professor and Division Director, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sunnybrook Research Institute
CanMEDS Roles: Medical Expert (the integrating role), Collaborator, Leader, Health Advocate, Scholar
Accreditation: This program is an accredited self‐assessment program (section 3) as defined by the maintenance of certification program of the royal college of physicians & surgeons of Canada and approved by the CAPM&R. You may claim a maximum of 1.0 hours (credits are automatically calculated)