The purpose of the Visiting Professorship Program is to provide funds to a Canadian Centre to help finance the visit of an out-of-town physician.
Objectives of the Visiting Professorship Program
- To promote knowledge of the specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation;
- To encourage research and education in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation;
- To enable centres that might otherwise not be able to afford it, the opportunity to bring in a guest speaker.
- Every member in good standing may apply to the Education Committee for an award from the Association.
- The funding year is September 1st to August 31st. The application deadline is May 1 of each year prior to the funding period. Applications received after this date will NOT be accepted.
- All applications will be duly considered by the Education Committee at the time of the meeting of the committee. Applicants will be notified in writing of their status. The decision of the committee is final.
- The Visiting Professorship Program will not make an award to the same applicant or locale in two consecutive years unless other suitable applicants have not applied.
- The applicant forfeits the professorship award if not used before September 30 of the year following the awarding of the professorship.
- One award of $2000 will be awarded for the period September 1st to August 31st.
- A completed evaluation form summarizing the visiting professor’s program must be submitted with receipts for reimbursement to the Education Committee within 30 days of the visit.