In a spirit of recognition for achievement, contribution, and character, the CAPM&R introduces the Award of Merit.
- Must be a member in good standing with the CAPM&R (any category).
- Must have contributed to the activities of the CAPM&R and/or CPRDF
- Must not be a current member of the CAPM&R Executive Committee.
- Must be nominated by peers, at least one who is a CAPM&R member.
- Has made a contribution to the field of Physiatry, through research, education, advocacy, medical care, humanitarianism, mentorship, or the advancement of our field.
- Must provide current CV
History: In past years, members with outstanding and exemplary contributions to the field of physiatry were recognized by an Honorary Lecture, held during the Association’s Annual Scientific Meeting. In 2008, CAPM&R Executive Committee elected to resurrect the award, renaming it the CAPM&R Award of Merit. Our Association members are no ordinary citizens; with valuable contributions to both the art and science of medicine, mentoring, advocacy, humanitarianism, research, and education. The deadline for nominations for the Award of Merit is February 1 of each year. The Executive of the CAPM&R will select the recipient.
- 2020 - No awardee
- 2019 - No awardee
- 2018 - Dr. Timothy J. Doherty
- 2017 - Dr. B. Catharine Craven
- 2016 - Dr. Gaetan Tardif
- 2015 - Dr. Colleen O'Connell
- 2014 - Dr. Mark Bayley
- 2013 - Dr. Thomas A. Miller
- 2012 - No awardee
- 2011 - Dr. Meridith Marks
- 2010 - Dr. Robert W. Teasell
- 2009 - Dr. John Latter 2008 - Dr. Lalith Satkunam
- 2003 Dr. Lorna Bellamy
- 2002 Dr. Ron Bowie
- 2001 Dr. Ronald Kirby